GENERAL RULES FOR THE ”WORLD REGGAE CONTEST”
AT OSTRODA REGGAE FESTIVAL 2016
General Rules of the Contest sets and regulates terms and conditions for the “World Reggae Contest”, (later called “The Contest”), a competition event organized and promoted by Positive Music Promotion, ul. Lodzka 1, 14-100 Ostroda, Poland, the promoter of Ostróda Reggae Festival in Ostroda, Poland (later called “The Promoter”).
The Contest is dedicated to live bands, solo artists with own bands and so called live acts performing their own music that could qualified as reggae and its subgenres (ska, rocksteady, dub, dancehall), (later called “The Participants”) from any country of the world. The number of released albums, nationality or age of the band members does not play any role. Single artists/singers without their own backing bands as well as sound systems CANNOT apply.
The Participants apply to the Contest via filling an online form at www.worldreggaecontest.com and uploading all required files. Each Participant will receive a confirmation email after filling the form and upload of files.
A submission means full acceptance of the below General Rules of the Contest.
The Promoter reserves a right to reject a submission if not in comply with the below General Rules of the Contest. In such case the Participant will be informed by the Promoter with a separate email.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
The Promoter will provide for 5 finalists:
1. A performance on the main live stage (“Red Stage”) at Ostróda Reggae Festival on August 14th, 2016 (1 hour including stage installation / linecheck). The order of the performances will be drawn.
2. Local transportation between the Festival and the nearest airports, if needed
3. Hotel accommodation including breakfasts
4. 50 Euro buyout per person for the entire planned stay
5. Tour managers to take care of on site
6. Backline, technical rider and catering
7. Free access audiovisual live stream of the show in full length through Reggaeville.com, professionally produced by the Promoter
8. A copy of the Participants’ audiovisual recording for their own future promo needs
9. Coverage/features through Reggaeville.com and the Festival regular promo platforms
10. The Awards, as below
The Participants commit themselves:
1. To be ready to perform at their best in Ostroda on Aug 14th 2016 between 16:00 – 21:00 (if selected for the final stage of the Contest)
2. To organize transports to Poland for the above show on their own cost
3. If subject to visas, to proceed by themselves, on their own cost. The Promoter will provide all necessary documents and invitations to the Participants (see also: http://goo.gl/zlKVka )
4. To grant the license audiovisual live stream and the recording of the show in full length to the Festival (or their media partners) for their noncommercial promo usage, for free.
STAGES OF THE CONTEST
Application period for the Participants
02.05 – 16.05
Selection of 10 semifinalists by the Festival promoters
16.05 – 29.05
Selection of 5 finalists by the fans through online voting
29.05 – 13.06
Public announcement of the 5 finalists
Final show at Ostroda Reggae Festival. The Jury will chose the winner.
The winner will be announced same evening.
The winner of the Contest gets:
1. 5 (five) days of the recording session produced by world famous Jamaican producers Sam Clayton & Stephen Stewart at a top Jamaican studio in Kingston, Jamaica, in mutually agreed time period, not later than February 2016.
2. Contribution in flights to Jamaica for the above recording session for the winning band in the amount not higher than 3000 Euro.
3. Advice in self-organizing accommodation/local transports/food during the trip to Jamaica (The Winner cover these costs on their own).
All other finalists get:
1. 500 Euro cash award (per band)
2. Coverage/features through Reggaeville, Ostróda Reggae Festival and associated websites
3. The festival t-shirt for every person
The jury for final show at Ostroda Reggae Festival will be appointed by the Promoter and will consists of the world-known reggae authorities and representation of the Promoter, Reggaeville.com and the recording session producers.
1. The Participants confirm that they own the rights to the contents submitted with their applications and license it to the Promoter and his partners for the unlimited promotional needs of the Contest, without any rights to sell.
2. The Participants are fully responsible in case of infringement of rights of any third parties.
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Contest and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes / updates to the Contest will be notified at the Contest official website www.worldreggaecontest.com as soon as possible. The official email contact to the Contest is firstname.lastname@example.org